Monday, July 4, 2011

I'm just a nobody.

Yea, it's true. I'm no one. I don't have a place here, no purpose. I try to figure shit out but it doesn't seem to work out in the end. I can't party, I can't stand anything mainstream, hipsters are too hip, metal, punk, rock it's all dead. I'm holding on to nothing.

People believe that I'm a "punk rocker" but how can this be? Yes, I listen to punk rock music and and enjoy it, but I also listen to rock n' roll and heavy metal. So what doesn't make me some shit classed with those genres? Yes, I don't give a fuck about most things, it's usually cause most things don't matter...to me anyways. Why should I go raise my blood pressure over something that has nothing to do with me. Unless it's involving a good friend, someone in need or a world wide issue that I find important.

I have posters and wear out of the ordinary clothes but does that class me as a "punk"?
What I think happened, is that everyone saw me as such a punk that I just picked up becoming one. I decided that, that's what my style would be. Which isn't generally a bad thing, because everyone has a style of their own. But that's where I fucked up, that's where the mistake was made. The clothes and the whole "I'm a punk" thing. Dressing "strangely" and going to concerts doesn't make you punk. Fighting the system, don't give a shit, living your life the way you want to and no caring what anyone says or thinks about you. That's what being a punk WAS all about. But punk's dead.

Hey, I'm 16 give me a break! Now that I realize that this whole time I was just a big "poser". I'm sorry about if anyone out there really has a problem with it. It's all about going through experiences.

I'm going to dress the way I want to, without being told otherwise,
I'm going to say what I feel like saying whenever I feel like,
I'm going to make my own decisions without being influenced by anyone else,
I'm going to live my life the way I want to, and not have to be owned by the media and propaganda.

I'm not a Punk, I'm a rebel. A rebel against a system, not someone joining a dead organisation.
I'm still going to make a leather jacket full of spikes, but that doesn't make me a punk,
I'm still going to wear band t-shirts, that doesn't make me a punk
I'm still going to fight my school, my parents, and the government for what's right, and that doesn't make me a punk. Fuck punk.

I'm ME, Mike. I'm just a nobody. So mind your own business and keep your labeling you yourself you fuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leaving a comment is a choice left up to you.